give a numerical example for variable costing contribution format income statement that is used for the internal decision making and compare with the traditional income statement prepared by absorption costing that is used for the external reporting
Instructions â€“ PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Q1. Give a numerical example for Variable Costing Contribution Format Income Statement that is used for the internal decision-making and compare with the traditional income statement prepared by absorption costing that is used for the external reporting. Prepare the two income statements assuming the following (2.5 marks)
- There is no inventory.
- There is beginning inventory.
- There is end of period inventory
- Explain and comment on the reasons for differences in the results
Q2. Define the master budget and use your own figures to prepare the following quarter budgets: (2.5 marks)
- Sales budget
- Production budget with ending inventory.
- Raw material budget with ending inventory.
- Direct labor budget
- Manufacturing overhead budget.