Osteoporosis is a bone disease marked by brittle and fragile bones. In this assignment, you will explore this disease in more detail using the scenario below.
During a recent visit with a female relative, the relative informs you that she has been diagnosed with osteopenia, a precursor to osteoporosis. In order to help your relative, you decide to research this disease further.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Research this disease using a minimum of 2 sources. You can use your textbook for one of the sourceshttps://content.learntoday.info/Learn/collegis/eBo… . Choose the remaining source(s) from the GALE Virtual Reference Library provided on the Structure and Function of the Human Body library guide page.
- In a minimum of 2 pages (not counting the references page), address the following:
- Explain how osteoporosis develops and the potential causes.
- Describe the ways that your relative can prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
- Include a references page at the end of your document, formatted using the APA guidelines, that lists your research sources.