The Topic is still Elderly Abuse
The aim of this Capstone Project is to develop a research report integrating knowledge gained from previous submissions that demonstrates your ability to effectively utilize research pertinent to a social issue addressed in some capacity by a health and human services setting. As part of this culminating submission, you will provide a succinct but efficient overview of content areas examined in your written assignments from Weeks One through Four that will aid in the development of an original intervention (i.e., strategy, application, or technique) for human service professionals to utilize for your selected social issue. This model intervention must be of your own design as opposed to a review of an existing practice used to address this issue. You can, however, use your knowledge of best practices to inform your intervention. The Capstone Project is intended to demonstrate your mastery of all learning outcomes related to the B.A. program in Health and Human Services; therefore, successful completion will require reflection, critical thinking, and knowledge of subject matter areas addressed in previous coursework. You are strongly encouraged to refer to the culmination of resources (e.g., textbooks, articles, websites, library resources, etc.) in addition to those provided in the course in the development of your submission.
The Capstone Project will include five components. The first four parts will involve briefly summarizing the main points from each of your previous written assignments. Do not copy and paste content from these submissions.
Part I: Background of Social Issue (Week One Assignment; 1 page):
- Describe your selected social issue, its importance, and pertinent background information.
- Evaluate the impact of this social issue on the delivery of health and human services efforts (e.g., formal organizational responses by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, resulting legislation, policies, etc.).
Part II: Theory and Research Related to Social Issue (Week Two Assignment; 1 page):
- Develop a brief research-based report demonstrating research theory and methodology by analyzing the scholarly literature related to this topic, including theories explaining the problem as well as research studies and their associated methods and outcomes.
Part III: Best Practices Related to Social Issue (Week Three Assignment; 1 page):
- Apply a working knowledge of U.S. health and human services delivery of care by explaining best practices related to the issue. What interventions, strategies, or approaches have been shown to be most effective as evidenced by research?
Part IV: Human Service Professionals Related to Social Issue (Week Four Assignment; 1 page):
- Explain how and where human service professionals are involved in direct practice with populations affected by this social issue.
- Examine effective oral and written communication skills needed for these professionals to be successful.
- Analyze culturally competent health and human services elements necessary for service delivery related to clients facing social issue.
Part V: Model Intervention (four to six pages):
- Lastly, apply your knowledge of U.S. health and human services delivery of care as a whole to develop a model intervention in the form of a service, program, or initiative (from your Week Three Assignment proposal) for human service professionals who are working directly with clients facing this particular issue. This intervention must be unique in its approach and must be sufficiently supported by scholarly sources.
- Describe the intervention in detail: what it is, how and why it will be used, what makes it unique to other approaches, the population that will receive it,and how the best practice will be integrated into the intervention.
- Describe aspects of the delivery setting in which the intervention will be used, such as location/setting (e.g., social/human services agency, healthcare facility, in the field, etc.) and professionals involved (e.g., roles/duties, necessary competencies and skills required, etc.).
- Determine the components of successful health and human service delivery relationships at the (a) individual, (b) family, (c) group, (d) organizational, and (e) community levels. How will these components be used to support your intervention?
- Describe how you will apply technology (i.e., specific tools and resources) to deliver the intervention to clients facing the social issue.
- Assess the intervention’s perceived strengths and limitations.
- Explain how the intervention will be evaluated to determine its effectiveness.
Specifically, you are to do the following:
The Capstone Project
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Here is the book:
Hansen-Turton, T. & Mortell, M . (2014). Making strategy count in health and human services sector. New York, NY: Spring Publishing Company