The Rough Draft
Case Study Scenario:
You were hired by XYZ University as a consultant. They wanted you to research an organization to see if a service learning opportunity would benefit future students and the community. Your initial recommendation is based on the research you have collected over the last four weeks.
WEEK 5 ASSIGNMENT:
- It’s time to put together your initial recommendation based on the research you have gathered over the past four weeks.
- Your task is to put together a rough draft of your final project. This rough draft should be as close to the final project as possible.
- You must submit this rough draft to two to locations this week: (1) submit a copy to your instructor, and (2) submit a copy to the week 6 Discussion 2 “Peer Review” forum as an attachment in a new thread with your name as the subject.
- XYZ University has required you to provide a minimum of 8 peer-reviewed articles to support your research and recommendation. EBSCO tutorial.
- You may choose between three types of projects:
- Paper: You will turn in a 5-7 pages paper following APA guidelines. Click here for the web version of the APA sample paper. Click here for a downloadable version of the APA sample paper.
- Presentation: You will turn in an 8-10 minutes presentation (such as PowerPoint or Prezi), including visual elements (graphics, pictures, etc.), 150-200 words in the notes section per slide, a reference slide, and you should record your voice giving the presentation.
- Speech: You will turn in an 8-10 minutes video speech (well-rehearsed), a written script of your narrative, and a reference page.
Complete the following steps:
Step 1: Introduction – Include an attention getting title.Introduce the social issue you have selected. Explain to your audience why this issue is important and why they should be interested. What are the benefits of service learning in effecting positive change for this issue? Conclude your introduction with your thesis statement.Use the thesis statement generator to develop your statement.This statement is your recommendation of why students should or should not conduct service learning at the organization. Use at least one peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.Citation tutorial.
Step 2: Body – Include the following sections from your previous research to include any changes you made due to instructor feedback: Community Organization, Community Partnerships, Cross-Cultural Challenges, Humanitarian Considerations, Volunteers, Roadblocks, Future Vision, Challenges, and Improvements.
Step 3: Conclusion – Restate your thesis. This means that you say about the same thing as you did in your thesis, but you say it differently. After stating your thesis, restate the topics from each of your body sections and emphasize what is important for your audience to remember. End your conclusion with a call to action that illustrates what your audience should do with the information you presented.
Step 4: References – On a separate reference page, list all the references you have cited in your paper to support your claims.
Click here to view your assignment rubric.