Assignment 1 – Evaluating Organizational Change
This Assignment provides an overview of how to evaluate evidence-based practice quality improvement in a practice change.
- Introduce an overview of a healthcare system practice guideline, preferably where you work or have worked.
- Discuss how different professionals in the healthcare system (nurses, pharmacists, technicians, etc.) are held to this guideline.
- Identify the research/reference used by the system to adopt the guideline.
- Define the evidence used to define the guideline.
- Determine the level of evidence used in the EBP identified.
- Provide an opinion on how well this guideline is followed by professionals in the system.
- Conclude with a concise overview of the guideline and the discussion in the paper.
- Write the paper in 8–10 pages, using APA format.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Assignment 1 Requirements:
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and;
- use APA 6th edition format
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- Chapter 21: “Writing a Successful Grant Proposal to Fund Research and Evidence-Based Practice Implementation Projects”
- Chapter 22: “Ethical Considerations for Evidence Implementation and Evidence Generation”
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles.
US Preventive Services Task Force (2008). The guide to clinical preventive services. Rockville, MD: The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- National Institutes of Health. Office of Extramural Research. (2015). Grants and Funding. Retrieved from http://grants.nih.gov/grants/oer.htm
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. (2015). Grants. Retrieved from http://www.rwjf.org/en/grants.html#q/maptype/grants/ll/37.91,-96.38/z/4
- Health Resources and Services. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2015). Grants. Retrieved from http://www.hrsa.gov/grants/index.html
Clinical Guidelines and Best Practices
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Retrieved from http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg/index.jsp
You are not limited to the above resources, rather you can get more journals via CINAHL and OVID databases