determine staffing short and long term needs of a new unit within a healthcare setting 1
Determine staffing short- and long-term needs of a new unit within a healthcare setting
For this Assignment, you will use the template to create a recruitment plan for a new pediatric unit opening in 6 months. The plan should support the need to hire 10 RNs, 7 LPNs, 3 unit secretaries, and 2 housekeeping staff members. You will need to create a recruitment strategy, selecting options that support existing unit staffing while meeting planned deadlines for recruitment training, development, and education for the new unit. You will need to establish a timeline of activities covering the next 6 months. Identify areas to focus on both internally and externally in recruiting these staffing members for the open positions in order to reach short- and long-term staffing goals.
Include a title page and reference page. Support your work with a minimum of 3 pages and 6 references.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description above carefully;
- consult the Grading Rubric to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format.
How to Submit
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, select the unit Dropbox then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the Assignment you submit.