Dealing With Stress And Violence In The Workplace
Working in the health care industry often puts health care professionals in the line of danger from ill patients, stressed families, overburdened health care facilities, and the many situations and locations in which each individual works. The Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CIS) Management Tool has been designed to decrease the stress levels of those that experienced or witnessed violence or trauma. You will read the article “Workplace violence: Differences in perceptions of nursing work between those exposed and those not exposed: A cross-sector analysis” to complete your assignment.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word paper describing the CIS. Be sure to specifically address:
- What are the physical, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral reactions to stress?
- Can you name at least three professions that are at risk and would have utilized the tool?
- What is the purpose of using the tool?
- What is the expected outcome from utilizing this stress management tool?
- Do you believe the tool to be useful in decreasing stress and coping with violence in the workplace? Why or why not?