Comprehensive health screening and history on a young adult
In this assignment, you will be completing a comprehensive health screening and history on a young adult. To complete this assignment, do the following:
Select an adolescent or young adult client on whom to perform a health screening and history. Students who do not work in an acute setting may “practice” these skills with a patient, community member, neighbor, friend, colleague, or loved one.
Complete the “Health History and Screening of an Adolescent or Young Adult Client” worksheet.
Complete the assignment as outlined on the worksheet, including:
- Biographical data
- Past health history
- Family history: Obstetrics history (if applicable) and well young adult behavioral health history screening
- Review of systems
- All components of the health history
- Three nursing diagnoses for this client based on the health history and screening (one actual nursing diagnosis, one wellness nursing diagnosis, and one “risk for” nursing diagnosis)
- Rationale for the choice of each nursing diagnosis.
- A wellness plan for the adolescent/young adult client, using the three nursing diagnoses you have identified.
Format the write-up in a manner that is easily read, computer-generated, neat, and without spelling errors. Use correct acronyms or abbreviations when indicated.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.NRS-434VN-R-HealthScreeningandHistoryAdolescentAssignment-Student.docx