Committee Ad Shared Governance
Attend a committee meeting in your health care organization. If you are not currently employed in a health care setting, you may elect to attend a committee meeting at another company, a community center, a local school, local chamber of commerce or other professional organization.
Observe the interactions between committee members and the process used by the committee to arrive at decisions.
In 500-750 words, describe the function of the committee and the roles of those in attendance. Describe your observations of the interactions between members of the committee and determine whether the process used to arrive at decisions is a form of shared governance.
A minimum of two academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
Submit the completed “Collaborative Committee Meeting Verification Form” with the assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
1. Verification of attendance is provided.
2. Comprehensive summary of health organization meeting with detailed information regarding observations, interactions, and processes used to impart shared governance is provided.
3. Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive; contained within the thesis is the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
4. There is a sophisticated construction of paragraphs and transitions. Ideas progress and relate to each other. Paragraph and transition construction guide the reader. Paragraph structure is seamless.
5. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
6. All format elements are correct.
7. In-text citations and a reference page are complete. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.