Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the student an opportunity to apply their understanding of cash flow management, break-even analysis, and short-term and long-term financing in starting and growing a business. The assignment will be presented to the class giving the real world scenario of presenting a proposal to investors..
Resources: OECD Database, Corporate Finance
Prepare a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes requesting initial funding of $500,000 to start and run a start-up company. The proposed start-up company could be an existing business model (coffee shop, pet store, etc.) or could be something entirely new and exciting.
Create the presentation in the following format, with at least one slide to cover each of the following areas:
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Information about the Industry
- Marketing Plan
- Competitor Analysis
- 3 Year Income Statement (Profit & Loss) Projections
- Include your assumptions for why and how you will achieve your sales growth and what significant expenses and investments you expect to incur to achieve your revenue goals.
- 3 Year Proposed Funding Schedule (Sources and uses of the funds received.)
- Break-Even Analysis
- Academic and Business References
Review the following scenarios and assumption, and explain how it impacts your decision to expand:
- After Year 3, the investors are interested in your company expanding internationally to possibly outsource labor or to reduce manufacturing costs. What countries would you expand to first, and why? What factors would you need to consider in making this decision?
- What is the corporate tax rate in the countries you are considering expanding your business to, and how will that affect your decision to expand globally? (Use OECD Database or another resource to determine the corporate tax rate).
- The investors want to see a decision tree detailing the decisions you would make if you received $300K now and $200K at the end of three years instead of $500K up front.
- The investors would like your team to provide advantages and disadvantages of using debt financing versus selling company stock to raise capital for growth.
- Briefly explain the venture capital process. Does it make sense for your company to raise funds through venture capital?
Here is the info on my company:
My company is a bakery named Pure Bread. Pure Bread is a California-based family bakery with one mission; to create delicious, savory breads, pastries, cakes, savories and treats that will bring a smile to peoples faces. The company started as a small family business baking delicious items for family, close friends, and neighbors. We have since expanded our business because the demand. While still keeping the family concept in mind, which is baking with the heart and soul, the only difference is the family has expanded to our wide range of customers who we treat as if they are family.
The family business went from a hobby to a business when we attended a local farmers market. From here our products took launch as many loved our bakery items and demanded more. From here we attended a few more farmers markets gaining just as much notoriety as the first farmers market. This is what led us to want to open a business for our beloved customers.
Pure Bread has a team of dedicated individuals who have just as much passion for cooking and eating as I do, combined with using real, fresh, and quality ingredient that gives our goods that unique signature quality taste. Pure Bread will cater to middle to upper-middle class people who live in the Riverside/Eastvale area.
I have attached the outline of what each slide should include (17 slides total)
I have attached the powerpoint outline with what should go on every slide
I have attached the financial/income statement for my company
YOU MUST ADD DETAILED SPEAKER NOTES AND ADD GRAPHICS TO THE SLIDES. DO NOT MAKE THE SLIDES TOO WORDY, BUT THE SPEAKER NOTES CAN BE VERY DETAILED!