Capstone Project Topic Selection – (Nursing}
This assignment is going to be part of a bigger assignment to submit by the end of my course. think of it as making one big evidence based research paper step by step, this assignment being the first step. So I am looking towards a continuous relation with a good tutor till the end of course November.
SO first thing, the whole scenario is that, I am a nurse mentoring under my senior charge nurse. I work in baby/mother (maternal) unit. So I need to identify a nursing issue in my unit and research and provide evidence based interventions etc.You need to find 8 scholarly article sources and cite them as well(I will need these papers throughout the course) I will attach 2 documents along with this which provides instructors requirements for this assignment. APA FORMAT ALSO. VERY IMPORTANT
So I have attached my discussion post which has my topic(BSR) I have chosen so far. (If you can think of a better one, let me know, if not assignment is going to be based of this topic).
Below I am pasting instructors exact instructions from website for this specific assignment.
“In collaboration with your approved course mentor, you will identify a specific evidence-based practice proposal topic for the capstone project. Consider the clinical environment in which you are currently working or have recently worked. The capstone project topic can be a clinical practice problem, an organizational issue, a quality improvement suggestion, a leadership initiative, or an educational need appropriate to your area of interest as well as your practice immersion (practicum) setting. Examples of the integration of community health, leadership, and an EBP can be found on the “Educational and Community-Based Programs” page of the Healthy People 2020 website.
Write a 500-750 word description of your proposed capstone project topic. Make sure to include the following:
- The problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need that will be the focus of the project
- The setting or context in which the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need can be observed.
- A description providing a high level of detail regarding the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need.
- Impact of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need on the work environment, the quality of care provided by staff, and patient outcomes.
- Significance of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need and its implications to nursing.
- A proposed solution to the identified project topic
You are required to retrieve and assess a minimum of 8 peer-reviewed articles. Plan your time accordingly to complete this assignment.”