Capstone Practicum Assignment: Phase 2
The purpose of this assignment is to conduct a literature review which must include at least 15 scholarly sources. This assignment is designed to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited. Preparing the literature review also helps you develop skills to sift through applicable literature and locate sources relevant to your topic, summarize the pertinent points, and discuss each source’s relevance. Discuss this literature review with your preceptor.
In Phase 2 of the project, you are to complete your literature review that must include at least 15 current sources. This literature review includes a review and discussion on a nurse theory that best fits your capstone project (i.e. Patricia Benner-Novice to Expert). The sources cannot be more than five years old unless they are considered seminal literature.
Each source review should address the following questions, but be sure to provide a cohesive narrative paragraph and not just a collection of answers. You may want to consider grouping the literature into several categories.
Submit a 3- to 4-page summary of the following:
• What nursing theory best fit your capstone project? My capstone project is: Preventing falls in High risk fall patients by placing staff to sit with patients around the clock.
• Explain the components of the theory and their alignment with your project.
• What is known about the subject?
• Are there any gaps in the knowledge of the subject?
• Have areas of further study been identified by other researchers that you may want to consider? What is the status of research in this area?
• Who are the significant research personalities in this area?
• What aspects have generated significant debate on the topic?