- The assignment is to write a 5-8 page research paper on health care reform.
- All requirements (see pages 1 and 2) must be met to be eligible for 50 points.
- Do not forget to cite your sources with BOTH:
- In-text citations and
- A “References” page at the end of your 5-8 page paper.
- If you are unsure how to do in-text citations/how to construct a “References” page
Your task, for your Term Paper in PHHE 461 online, is to outline a health care system for all Americans which addresses ALL of the following items:
- Improving quality in the current system of health care.
- Improving access and coverage.
- Slowing the growth of health care expenditures.
- Encouraging healthy behavior.
- Improving the public health system.
- Improving the coordination, transparency and accountability of medical care.
- Addressing inequalities in access and outcomes.
There is no “correct” ideological answer to this question—you may approach it from any angle you
wish—partisan (Democrat, Republican, Independent) or nonpartisan (no political party at all).
For each of the 7 items listed above, however, you’ll need to include at least three (3) examples of how the current system can be made better, and why your choices would make that system qualitatively better.
- These examples may be drawn from scholarly articles and/or books, your text,
or other nonpartisan, evidenced-based positions.
Also required is that you include the way in which each of the following “Key Stakeholders” should be allowed to Influence the U.S. health care system:
- Providers and others engaged in making the health system operate
- Public policy makers